Are you looking for effective pulmonary hypertension treatment? Primary pulmonary hypertension or PPH is one of the rarest forms of high blood pressure. This is a condition where the main artery of your lungs increases in pressure. This affects the flow of oxygen-poor blood into your lungs.
Your pulmonary artery is responsible for removing carbon dioxide from your blood and replacing it with oxygen, which is then carried throughout your body. Because of high blood pressure in the pulmonary artery, your heart needs to work harder in order to pump blood through it. And because the heart works double time, this may cause it to enlarge.
Even up to this day, there seems to be little or no known causes of pulmonary hypertension. However, people suffering from this condition can be easily diagnosed. You usually exhibit symptoms such as:
• Difficulty in breathing especially when doing rigorous activities,
• Swelling of legs and feet due to water retention, and
• Chest pains because of the stress on your heart.
If you think you have PPH, it is necessary to be diagnosed properly. There are various tests that need to be done in order to precisely point out the gravity of the condition as well as the best primary pulmonary hypertension treatment that has to be administered.
Over the years, many experts have studied ways how to prevent high blood pressure in the hopes of totally curing the condition, but they still have not succeeded.
Despite the lack of a cure for PPH, people are usually given maintenance medications as the best possible alternative. The aim of such medications is to keep your blood pressure low and improve blood circulation.
- Some of these medications have blood coagulants to lessen the thickness of the blood so that it can flow easily in the high pressure pulmonary arteries.
- Other medications work by dilating the arteries. They help widen your arteries so as to avoid clotting and allow for healthier blood circulation.
- At the same time, there are medications that help increase the supply of oxygen in the blood. This way, organ failure due to lack of oxygen may be avoided.
- Medications such as calcium channel blocking drugs can be prescribed by cardiologists. They allow your heart to relax so that it does not strain too much when pumping blood towards the pulmonary arteries. This helps you avoid complications like heart failure due to enlargement and stress.
While medications are a common pulmonary hypertension treatment, there are natural remedies too. These are very much the same type of remedies you would use to treat hypertension in general.