Finding natural cures for high blood pressure is very important. High blood pressure is a silent disease. It leads to so many complications, and you may not even be aware of it until it is too late. All you need to do is figure out and detect the symptoms, and you will be able to figure out what natural cure for high blood pressure to use.
Is this you?
If you have any of these characteristics, then you need to get your blood pressure checked as soon as possible.
First off, are you overweight?
The more overweight you are; the more pressure you put on your artery walls. There is more blood that is being produced than there is oxygen getting into your heart. This causes your heart to work harder to get enough oxygen around your body. While it is not automatic for overweight people to have high blood pressure, statistics show that it is definitely more likely.
Second, do you lack physical activity?
In case you didn’t know, your heart is a muscle too. And muscles need regular exercise to stay fit and strong. The more unfit you are, the harder your heart needs to work. This raises your heart rate, which in turn causes your heart to become weakened and overworked. In the end you’re left with high blood pressure, and possibly a heart attack or stroke.
Natural high blood pressure cures
To counter high blood pressure there are number of natural things you can do:
1 – Reduce the amount of sodium in your diet.
This can be accomplished in 4 ways:
• Replace processed, sodium-rich foods with fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
• Season your food with herbs and spices instead of salt.
• Get more potassium in your diet to reduce your body’s absorption of sodium.
• Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day to flush out excess sodium from your body.
2 – Changing your diet in this way can also help in reducing your weight.
Since excess weight is one of the biggest culprits that cause high blood pressure, you are essentially killing two birds with one stone by making dietary changes.
3 – Take supplements is important in the natural treatment for high blood pressure.
- Fish oil. Studies show that DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) in fish oil helps relax your blood vessels. This makes it easier for blood to flow through your arteries, and lessens your risk of hypertension.
- Folic acid is another cure for high blood pressure, as it lowers homocysteine levels. In a recent study of 24 cigarette smokers it was found that after a month of taking folic acid supplements, their blood pressure was significantly lower.
- Calcium supplements can also reduce your chances of contracting hypertension.
- Garlic supplements have been found to benefit those who have hypertension. However, those who take it need to be careful, because it can interact with other kinds of medication. You see, garlic thins the blood in the same way that aspirin works. So use this high blood pressure cure with caution.
4 – Lower your stress levels.
People become more prone to hypertension if they are under a lot of stress and tension. If you can’t remove the stressors in your life, you will need to find ways in order to help you cope with these better.
Some people have benefited from relaxation methods like yoga and tai chi. Not only did they lower their anxiety levels, their blood pressure also significantly decreased. Doing simple breathing techniques is another way how to reduce high blood pressure, as it helps you unwind.
5 – Keep fit.
Get yourself regularly checked up so that you are always aware of your current physical condition. Also, you need to make sure to try and keep yourself physically fit. Although this does not entail that you become a gym buff, it would definitely help if you had a little bit more physical activity than you usually do.
By turning to natural cures for high blood pressure, you not only stand a chance of fighting against hypertension effectively and permanently, you are also at less risk of contracting medical problems or complications that pharmaceutical medications bring.